Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summertime


...and the living is easy.

My vacation has started, and I will travel some. So my frequency of posting will be low during July. But as soon as I find the proper time there is a whole range of topics in pipeline for me to write about: The history of Christianity and how the genie left the bottle. How to understand the concepts of left and right in politics. About our Roman heritage and how it was not broken until the nascence of the Wilsonian world order. The main issue of this century will be about our collective survival--how to define "us and them"? Must cults be destroyed? Is anecdotal conservatism at the core of all forms of Christian conservatism? Islam and Brazilian bikini wax--forbidden or prescribed? Can the national god of the Arabs be the creator of the world? Do transcendent entities fade away when we stop believing in them? (nations, gods)

And an article about the centrality of Nazism in our moral thinking. Our Christian ethics is based on the inversion of values. Evil is defined first. Since WWII evil equals Nazism. Thus ethics in the West has become all about reversing Nazism, and anything that in some context could be viewed as resembling Nazism. A negative idea as basis for morality becomes destructive, and our moral system and society is breaking down. It's time to let it go, and base our morality on positive ideas. It's time to ask ourselves, not "what is evil?" (we should never see ourselves as evil), but what is good for us? what are we fond of? what is egoistically best for ourselves? Start by enjoying this summer!

Since I post irregularly, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed, so that you will be notified about new posts I make, rather than having to peek into my blog to check. Click on this symbol at the right end of your browser's address field, or click here, to subscribe to my feed. Different browsers handle this differently. Firefox and Opera already have built-in support (Firefox as Live Bookmarks or with the Sage extension, and in Opera under the Channels menu). Read more about RSS feeds and how to use them here. If you have not been using RSS feeds before, give it a shot. Subscribe to your favourite blogs, and lean back. Now the news will come to you, instead of you clicking around searching for updates.

You might also want pop in to keep an eye on the Recent Comments roll in the side bar. I will try and answer comments even if I do not write longer posts.

And if you haven't done so yet, read the following posts by me, which I consider my most important ones:

And there is more on each of these themes, if you browse the archive.


Update:
A convenient RSS service, independent of the browser you use, is Google Reader. Once you've signed in, you can subscribe to new feeds by clicking on the Add subscription button. This opens up a search box that invites you to enter either a search term or a feed URL.
Example:

[End of post.]

No comments: